The U.K. Stockmarket
- The U.K. stock market was lower this week despite a reasonably strong performance in the U.S.
- Investors remained focused on Brexit with the picture still unclear heading into September.
- Our Breadth Indicator stayed negative this week and our Momentum indicator ticked lower again.
The U.S. Stock market
- The U.S. stock market was higher this week with the Technology sector out-performing.
- The week got off to a good start with news that the U.S. and Mexico had reached agreement on a revised trade deal.
- On Thursday President Trump threatened new tariffs against China which sent stocks lower and trade talks with Canada faltered at the end of the week.
- Our Breadth indicator stayed positive but our Momentum indicator ticked lower again.
- There is a clear and growing divergence between the performance of the U.S. Stock market and the rest of the world.
Disclaimer: ‘Where the business have expressed opinions, they are based on current market conditions, they may differ from those of other investment professionals and are subject to change without notice. The information contained within this communication is believed to be reliable but Realm Investment Management Limited does not warrant its completeness or accuracy.
This communication is not intended as a recommendation to invest in any particular asset class, security or strategy. Regulatory requirements that require impartiality of investment/investment strategy recommendations are therefore not applicable nor are any prohibitions to trade before publication. The information provided is for illustrative purposes only, it should not be relied upon as recommendations to buy or sell investments.’