- European stocks had their worst fall since 2008. In a bid to try and stop the spread of coronavirus Italy is extending restrictions to a lockdown nationwide and Spain is shutting schools. No such announcements from the U.K. yet.
- U.S. stocks opened much lower on Monday and a trading halt was briefly triggered.
- The VIX volatility gauge spiked to its highest level since the global financial crisis.
- The price of oil plummeted with Crude falling the most in nearly thirty years.
- Markets are bouncing back a little this morning and are looking to central banks to provide more and substantial stimulus.
Disclaimer: ‘Where the business have expressed opinions, they are based on current market conditions, they may differ from those of other investment professionals and are subject to change without notice. The information contained within this communication is believed to be reliable but Realm Investment Management Limited does not warrant its completeness or accuracy. This communication is not intended as a recommendation to invest in any particular asset class, security or strategy. Regulatory requirements that require impartiality of investment/investment strategy recommendations are therefore not applicable nor are any prohibitions to trade before publication. The information provided is for illustrative purposes only, it should not be relied upon as recommendations to buy or sell investments.’